Interaction Tests

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Interaction Tests

Post by Scondoro on Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:20 pm

So most of you have probably noticed in our most recent campaign of mine the wider use of Skill tests, particularly interaction tests. Without digressing too much away from my point, the major reason I've been doing that is to really give value to those with more obscure Talents and Skill training, and to encourage the development of those Talents and Skills. Anyways, so I've been really putting emphasis on Skill-based Interaction tests, and wanted to give a little insight on what you can expect out of them and how you can prepare for them.
First and foremost, in the CRB (Core Rule Book) take a look at page 276. On the bottom is a chart of Interaction Dispositions. First thing you might notice are the 4 Interaction-based Skills there (Charm, Command, Deceive, Intimidate). Basically, whenever you're trying to change someone's mind about something, or otherwise affect what they already think or know, you'll need to take a Skill test. It'll be based on one of those four tests of your choosing, depending on what effect you want to have on the NPC. The disposition has an effect on the modifiers of your Skill test, which you'll see reflected on that chart.
These tests can and will be used on anybody, from a measly peasant civilian to your Watch Captain. You can always, always, always ask anyone for anything, even if I say it's technically impossible to get what you want. Just say/ask what you want, then say what you're testing on, I'll give you the modifiers, and you'll roll on it. I'll likely always respect the Nat 01. Keep in mind that each of these Skill tests has consequences based on success/failure result and their respective degrees. Also, Deceive is an opposed test on their Scrutiny, so keep that in mind.
In all, this is just a few things to keep in mind as we progress. Again: Basically, whenever you're trying to change someone's mind about something, or otherwise affect what they already think or know, you'll need to take an Interaction Skill test.
Scondoro
Officio Administratum
Officio Administratum

Character sheet
Renown: Famed
Characteristics:
CharacteristicsWSBSSTAGINTPERWPFEL
Value404485633763374237

View user profile http://deathwatch.freeclanforum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Interaction Tests

Post by Scondoro on Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:25 pm

And I'll add this:
From the players' perspective, I'd say this has the inherent opportunity to really give more liberty to missions. If you really really want to change how an NPC thinks, or what an NPC will do, it's within your capability to change their mind, so long as it's within that NPC's capability to actually do that thing. With that in mind however the team can open up really new, creative solutions to their missions, assuming their dice rolls come out well enough.
Or they can whiff the rolls and piss off the whole of the Reach.
High risk; High reward. tongue 
Scondoro
Officio Administratum
Officio Administratum

Character sheet
Renown: Famed
Characteristics:
Value404485633763374237

View user profile http://deathwatch.freeclanforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PyWright on Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:40 pm

That sounds far better than, say, grabbing a Celestial Lion with the use of a power claw before he throws himself into a Talos Pain Engine.  lol!  
PyWright
Officio Administratum
Officio Administratum

Character sheet
Renown: Distinguished
Characteristics:
Value504250505251455152

View user profile http://cwright71493@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content