Diplomacy on Ptolemy

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Diplomacy on Ptolemy

Post by Scondoro on Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:44 pm

Kill team, we just received this message via astropathic communicae. It's from Lord Michael.

++BEGIN DECRYPTION++
++BEGIN TRANSMISSION++

SENDER: INQUISITOR LORD SANDRO -EXPUNGED- MICHAEL, 2ND -EXPUNGED- OF THE -EXPUNGED-
SENDER ASTROPATH: -EXPUNGED-
LOCATION: SHRINE WORLD PTOLEMY; SHRINE-CAPITOL HECTUS; HIGH PALACE OF IMPERIAL GUESTS
DESIGNATE: WATCH STATION ERIOCH; KILL TEAM ALPHA
RECEIVER ASTROPATH: -EXPUNGED-

For the sake of keeping this message brief, I'm going to put this very simply. A few weeks ago I departed for the shrine world Ptolemy to perform some research regarding a personal investigation of mine. A very important portion of this research required me to gain access to the Inner Sanctums of Hectus, which are its sacred catacombs and vaults. This is located beneath the capitol of the planet. Unfortunately, the High Lord of Ptolemy, a particular... Cardinal Mikal.... is vehemently against anyone outside the High Ecclesiarchy of Ptolemy entering the Inner Sanctums. I, certainly, couldn't care less about his restrictions, so long as I continue to bear the Inquisitorial sigil, so I made my intentions of breaching his palace very clear should he deny me the access I require. The Cardinal didn't take to the threat too kindly, and now all negotiations have come to a halt. I wasn't really being completely serious about cracking his palace open--I need it still standing for my research, you see--but either way, he won't communicate any more.

So that's where you come in. I need you to come to this planet and act as a mediator. I've dug myself a sort of hole with this individual, and I just need you to more or less peacefully get me into those Inner Sanctums. I have every reason to believe he'll be willing to cooperate with you, don't worry about that.

Again, trying to be concise, and some information I need to give you is sensitive. I'll give you more details once you've arrived.

For the Emperor.

++END TRANSMISSION++

Last edited by Scondoro on Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Scondoro
Officio Administratum
Officio Administratum

Character sheet
Renown: Famed
Characteristics:
CharacteristicsWSBSSTAGINTPERWPFEL
Value404485633763374237

View user profile http://deathwatch.freeclanforum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Diplomacy on Ptolemy

Post by Vulgate on Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:14 pm

Adam reporting. 
I feel that my expertise in such a matter is required. 
With permission, Lord Inquisitor, I shall take the field with my Brothers. 
Vulgate
Officio Administratum
Officio Administratum

Character sheet
Renown: Distinguished
Characteristics:
Value405540504055406337

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Scondoro on Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:34 pm

Watch Captain Titarus:

That's the only astropathic transmission we've received from him since his departure, unfortunately. I will be handling all preparation for this mission until we hear more from him, although there's no guarantee one way or another.
His Designate for his transmission was stated as "Kill Team Alpha", although it's possible that's due strongly to Bravo's mishap on Colony 110. Your skill as a mediator and, regrettably, a deceiver is certainly noted. You would likely prove to be quite a valuable asset on this mission. Regardless, you would be wise to heed his call, kill-team Alpha. Lord Michael is a curious one, and is known to place a great deal of importance into seemingly few words.
Scondoro
Officio Administratum
Officio Administratum

Character sheet
Characteristics:
Value404485633763374237

Back to top Go down

Post by Scondoro on Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:50 pm

Calvin OOC wrote:Okay, I want to make a few notes going into this:

--This mission is going to function best with PCs that have been well-developed, in-game and/or in your character bio. And I say "well-developed," by which I mean more than just your secondment story into the Deathwatch. You've got way more battles in your history than just the one or two you may have written about, both before and since being in the Deathwatch, and I expect you to have that developed for your PCs.

--This mission will totally be in character. Not very much narrative talk will be necessary. As such, anything you say you will be held accountable for, for the better and the worse. This should help to speed the game up too, as less hypothetical talk will result in more roleplaying actually happening.

--I will call you to rolls. As a GM it is my job to tell you to take your skill tests if I see it as necessary. Otherwise, it's an auto-pass because, hey, your PCs aren't stupid. Rarely should tasks be "impossible" in my eyes, unless they start to break reality (physics, constants, truths, etc.). Keep in mind that any test on your natural characteristic (a +0) is considered a CHALLENGING task!
Scondoro
Officio Administratum
Officio Administratum

Character sheet
Characteristics:
Value404485633763374237

Back to top Go down

Post by Scondoro on Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:54 pm

Alright Brothers,

Your Req is set at 11 each. I personally see even that as an over-allowance, but you still could always use some basic equipment beyond your standard-issue.

Titarus out.
If you need me I'll be in the briefing offices.
Scondoro
Officio Administratum
Officio Administratum

Character sheet
Characteristics:
Value404485633763374237

Back to top Go down

Post by Vulgate on Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:55 pm

Due to my expertise and..as a token of my newfound brotherhood, I would offer myself to lead this mission...
Vulgate
Officio Administratum
Officio Administratum

Character sheet
Characteristics:
Value405540504055406337

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Doge on Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:00 pm

Now just wait an emperor forsaken moment, initate. You've only just entered our ranks and are, to us, untested. It is my opinion as a member of the Librarius that a more experienced member be assigned leadership over the operation.
Brass Doge
Authorized: Ordo Xenos

Character sheet
Renown: Respected
Characteristics:
Value

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vulgate on Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:42 pm

Brass Doge wrote:"You've only just entered our ranks and are, to us, untested."
And what better way to test me, brother Librarian?
I have read the after-action reports, it was your guidance that has steered your team to a great many victories; It is an honor to be counted among you, and your words are surely to be trusted.
I ask only that you allow me this chance to lead a contingent and demonstrate my skills, for I assure you..I am no initiate. 
Vulgate
Officio Administratum
Officio Administratum

Character sheet
Characteristics:
Value405540504055406337

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Doge on Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:27 pm

It is not that I doubt your ability to lead, but you've only just been freshly picked for the ranks. Accompany this kill team, learn from the tactics, the finesse that paints the lands we walk. In time, you will rise to lead an equally cohesive brotherhood. A Flesh Tearer's parable reads as such: before you can begin to slay with the instruments of war, you must first know how to wield it. Learn what you can about leadership on the upcoming mission. A Deathwatch team is quite different from any you have been in before. Your brothers hail from across the stars, bringing with them their own unique sets of knowledge. Being said, the kill team functions in ways no others can.
Brass Doge

Character sheet
Renown: Respected
Characteristics:
Value

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vulgate on Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:32 pm

I think you quite misunderstand me, brother Librarian. I have served in a Deathwatch Kill-team.
Many years ago when I first offered myself to the Deathwatch as a Black Shield. My time within the Kill-team was only cut short by the death of my battle brothers. It was after this incident that I undertook the mantle of Kill-Marine, operating as liaison and personal agent of Watch Station Erioch. I have overseen trade-disputes, aided lone Imperial settlements in their most dire hours of need, and operated as a direct representative of the Deathwatch before Planetary Governors, war councils and ruling bodies of adepts . My petitioning for leader of this team is two-fold, First: To make best use of my unique abilities in the pacification of our Lord Cardinal, which can best be expended through a position of Leadership.  And Second: To show my brothers that I am capable of taking on all manner of great weight to see our victory and glory. 
Vulgate
Officio Administratum
Officio Administratum

Character sheet
Characteristics:
Value405540504055406337

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PyWright on Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:03 am

Please Brothers, there is no need to debate amongst ourselves. The true enemy is on the battlefield, save your fervor for the fires of war. We are all equals here, serving the Emperor and the Inquisition by dealing with all that dare to stand before His Glorious Might. Every Battle Brother within this great station holds the potential to be a strong and wise leader. Who are we to deny them even a chance at an opportunity to lead? Brother Dyrus, I have served beside you in several battles and I have requested your guidance at several junctions with an impressive array of returns that lead us in the proper direction. Your power and knowledge of the proper course are indeed mighty. And as for you, Brother Adam, I have read several reports on your missions and if memory serves correctly, I have bestowed more than one Purity Seal upon your armor that you have dutifully fulfilled in your quests. Your might as a warrior is undeniable and, while I may not know which Chapter you hail from, I do know the potential of greatness when I see it. I believe you will do something in your life that will echo on for generations to come. I only hope I am there to see it happen. Before my acceptance into the Reclusium, many of our Brothers knew me as the sole leader. They looked to me for a decision and dutifully carried out my directions with little resistance. I am proud to have lead each and every one of you and I mourn those whom I have lost. I am always willing to lead my Brothers when I am needed, but when a Battle Brother wishes to step forward and accept the role of leader, I am happy to allow them try it. Both of you Brothers have my full support in your endeavors as leaders, but know this: Leading is not as easy as some make it out to be. The burden of all of your decisions not only impacts you directly, but all who follow you. Know that any command you order, or action you take may cause the lives of your Brothers. Everyone here should be more than willing to give up there life for the Emperor when their time has come, but to waste a Space Marine life needlessly, when another solution was just as easily possible is a transgression I will not forgive lightly. I said before, I support any who wishes to try their abilities as a leader, but if that Brothers hunt for glory or power leads to unnecessary loss of life, they WILL have to answer to me. I will be accompanying this Kill-Team on this mission for Lord Michaels. I will be there as a consultant for anyone who wishes to lead, and I offer the full spectrum of my abilities to the cause of this mission. I will be honest if I disagree with a leaders plan of action, but you have my word that I will not belittle your leadership skills or attempt to undermine your operation. This will be a somewhat delicate task if Lord Michaels has failed negotiations with the Cardinal. I wish you Brothers the best of luck in deciding who shall lead. Perhaps asking the advice of your fellow Kill-team members of their opinions is a good start; after all, their lives will be in your hands.
PyWright
Officio Administratum
Officio Administratum

Character sheet
Characteristics:
Value504250505251455152

View user profile http://cwright71493@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Vulgate on Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:38 am

Spoken like a true hero, Lord Chaplain.
We shall not fail before your sight.
Vulgate
Officio Administratum
Officio Administratum

Character sheet
Characteristics:
Value405540504055406337

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Scondoro on Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:47 am

Titarus:

For the record:
Vulgate is reportedly off-station, taking care of "more pressing matters" and will not be able to heed Lord Michael's call.
Scondoro
Officio Administratum
Officio Administratum

Character sheet
Characteristics:
Value404485633763374237

Back to top Go down

Post by Scondoro on Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:57 pm

Galmech will be spending his 10 on a shoulder-mount for his Storm Bolter.

1 left over.
Scondoro
Officio Administratum
Officio Administratum

Character sheet
Characteristics:
Value404485633763374237

Back to top Go down